AutoSeam released-Images -> seamless texturesCommunity Forums/Developer Stations/AutoSeam released-Images -> seamless textures
| AUTOSEAM FEATURES : |
- Take any image file and instantly create a version that tiles seamlessly.
- '1-click' operation - no artistic talent required!
- Fully automated processing.
- Auto-corrects light/shadow variations.
- Batch Processing = process all images in a directory in one fell swoop.
- Does NOT use mirroring/blur/kaleidoscope techniques - the image you get out looks like the image you put in, except it tiles seamlessly!
- All images appear tiled in a 'preview' window so you can see them at work instantly.
An ideal tool for :
- CG artists
- Texture artists
- Website designers
- Game Creators (2D/3D)
- Desktop/website 'background' creation
55 FREE seamless textures made with AutoSeam are included with the demo.
First, take your image - this can be anything from a photo to a sketch.
This example image was lifted from a digital camcorder film. I have not altered it in ANY way (note the errors around the edges) :
Run AutoSeam, point it at the file and press OK. The result :
And here's what it looks like when tiled (scaled down slightly for bandwidth reasons) :
| excellent, ill give it a good go tomorrow. |
| Sorry mate its pants! i really like dyvision's software but really. texture makers blur tool gets much better results. on the plus side it does seem to balance colour quite well maybe an upgrade may sort it. |
| Well, it works (if you don't believe me then download the 55 free textures and *look* at them).|
Would you care to post some 'pants'?
| well i would download your textures and have a look if the link for the textures on your site didnt direct me to the the demo. |
| Sorry i was in a bit of a bitchy mood. Your autoseam does do what it says on the tin, and its only as good as the texture you put in though. i was testing it with some quite difficult to tile textures with ok results. as you say its better that alot of seamless filters other programs use. |
| The free textures come packed with the demo. Sorry for any confusion :) |
| it would be more useful if it could accept 6 images and make them seamless for a skybox|
each image would have to tile with the 4 ajoining images
| I just bought Autoseam and love it. Good work skitchy :) |
| Thanks :) |
| Looks very neat, I'll try it out. |