worldcraftCommunity Forums/Developer Stations/worldcraft
| where i can donwload worldcraft editor for bsp?|
| Hmmmmm..... Id' try this link below:|
That should fix you up!!!
Good Luck man...
| Worldcraft is now called Hammer, and is available from the developers of Half Life (Valve).|
1. Do you have Half Life? If you don't it won't be easy to test your maps.
2. If you do, install Half Life. Then install Hammer from the link above.
3. Click here to see a tutorial to set it up
4. Once that's done, you should be able to test your maps in Half Life itself.
5. Load your BSP into BSP Factory (click here) so you can convert it to a .b3d file and load into Blitz.
| Is there any license issues using the maps made in Hammer in your own projects btw?|
(I remember there bein some license on the bsp format or something? If so, then it should still apply even after convertin it to another format...)
| Check out the 'handy vandal' website for tons of resources including level prefabs, free textures, and more!! |
Is there any license issues using the maps made in Hammer in your own projects btw?In theory you can only use Hammer for HL mods or free games. For use in a commercial product, you must pay a license. I don't know if they will continue charging money after the release of HL2 (there will be a new version of Hammer, maybe they make the HL1 version available for whatever you want, who knows).
They won't know which map editor you used, but I don't recommend trying to fool them. I prefer to use Qoole, which is very good, easy and free.
| the license is bound to the BSP compiler ...|
just download the ZoneTools which is a free bsp compiler and you can use it for what you want :)