B3d Pipeline v0.61Community Forums/Developer Stations/B3d Pipeline v0.61
| Small update:|
- Fixed an export dialog bug in v0.6 when using File menu->Export to export b3d files. I didn't catch this because I only use the B3d Export tool mapped to a toolbar button.
- Added ability to export bone animations without exporting meshes. Uncheck "Meshes" and check "Bones" to export the animation only. Use LoadAnimSeq() to load these animations onto the same character exported with "Meshes" and "Bones".
EDIT: Also fixed the Export Last bug.
I also get a lot of emails asking how to map the B3d Pipeline tools to toolbars, etc. So here's a quick summary:
- Customize menu > Customize User Interface > Pick Category: B3d Pipeline Tools
- You can add any of the B3d Pipeline tools to a toolbar by dragging them to the toolbar.
- You can also map them to keyboard shortcuts, menus, etc.
| and also... i think this one a bug:|
* when i click 'B3D export Last' button, it will crash 3DSMax. this one happened when u dont click export 'B3D Export' in the first place (u know sometimes i mis-click Export Last instead of normal Export button on the first export)
| Any chance of a Maya port? |
| EDIT: Fixed the Export Last bug.|
I don't have Maya, but it would probably be a major undertaking even if I did. B3d Pipeline already eats up all my spare time as it is!!
| something wierd though - my scene have a scene root, but it cannot get the child within B3D (FindChild). but when i replace *.dle with previous version pipeline exporter, it still can (bugs)? |
| Akat, can you email me the b3d file (and max file if possible), so I can look at its structure...|
| will u support weighted bones (or is it already implemented)|
once (hopefully) mark puts it in b3d?
| already implemented - just waiting for Blitz to support it...|
| I can't even start max with the latest verison, just get maxscript errors related to the configuration of the blitz 3d viewer and have to close max down. |
| reinstalled it, cleared out old files, then that problem disappeared. |
BUT im still having problems exporting meshes . This particular scene exports fine with previous versions, but with the latest one I get unknown exception messages and max freezes. The ms script window also pops up.
the scene has a large amount of textures, but as I say it has worked fine with the previous versions.
| oops... thanq pudding for your coop - i know already how to fix it, actually it is nothing wrong with your pipeline, it's only the code - i should put 'LoadAnimMesh' instead of 'LoadMesh' (i just now know that 'LoadMesh' only load the mesh as one / no scene root included) |
| Ruz - can you email me the max file...|
| I could, but its pretty big. its a whole village with 57 textures. |
Actually I am pretty sure its the textures and there is something wrong with the material assigments . so its prolly my fault.
it started crashing after I deleted some materials, which screwed up the order of the material ids.
I working on relolving it at the moment. if I find out whats wrong i will get back